Sunday, December 20, 2009

A dabble here, a dabble there.

Well, I've been out of classes for about 2 weeks now and so far this is how my schedule has looked: sleep until noon, eat lunch, take a nap, have a snack, read, eat dinner, watch a movie, go to bed. With a little bit of shopping thrown in on the weekends. I'm just a bum and I love it.

I have read a few good books: The Shack and Still Woman Enough. I would suggest both of these, such good reads. :)

I'm halfway listening to the t.v. and I just heard this "life has plenty of good parts, but it's the rough times that make you realize how thankful you are." I liked that...anyway.

Man, I tell you what, I never have been one that loves shopping. & I definitely do not love shopping during the holidays. People, EVERYWHERE. My Mom likes to shop from noon - midnight. Good grief, I'm almost always cranky by the end, haha. But I did manage to get all of my holiday shopping done. I had a really low budget, so I hit the sale racks, and made fun things. The seasons not about gifts anyway...though I still love to give them. :) I'll tell you what though, postage will kill a person. I joked with the post lady that I could have hand delivered packages to NY, KS and IA for cheaper than what I paid to ship them, ha!

Oooh. I don't think I've blogged about this. I apologize if I have. I have a roomate for when I move to Nashville in June (yes Holly is living with me, I mean another, ha). One of my friends from Texas that I met through...what else, music, is moving out there at the same time. I met her 2 years ago at CMA Fest, when we both met up to have lunch with our friend Ashley Ray. We've talked so much about it, and I just feel like we're going to be perfect roomies. :)

I really am just so, so blessed with good people in my life. Sometimes when one shady thing happens I forget that, but then I'm reminded again how lucky I am. Conversations with friends are one of my most favorite things ever. :)

Anyway, I better catch some ZZZ's. Tomorrow I'm babysitting a 3 year old and a 4 month old alll day! That should be fun. :) Then Tuesday I'm having Christmas with my small town bestie, Casey, exciiting! Wednesday brings my Grandpas famous Christmas party at work, great food, great people. :) Then Thursday is Christmas Eve already! I can't believe it! So it's a busy, but great week ahead!

OKIE love!
-Allyssa

No comments: