Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Finals, Prayers and Springtime Air.

Well, nearly 4 months after starting it, I finally completed my Senior Capstone. I had my final presentation today. It went really well and I got a ton of great feedback! I'm so excited to have the project presentation over with, but the project itself is something that I definitely want to continue to expand on. This project was my baby, I watched it grow from the very beginning. Many of my mentors weren't sure if I'd picked the right type of project, and questioned some of my choices along the way, but I held my own and stuck to my guns and it really came together. It's something that I'm extremely proud of, and hopefully my little client Hailey Faith was pleased as well. :)

I graduate next week...it still feels unreal to be saying that! :)

There are a lot of changes taking place and getting ready to take place in my life right now. I'm so excited to see where the road leads.

The rest of my week is pretty intense, finishing up everything and getting prepared for graduation and the after-party. So I think I'm gonna take a nice little nap, then get back to work.

Also, all of you please say a prayer for my baby sis, Maddie. She's an extremely talented athlete and is going non-stop all the time. Unfortunately, her years of pitching and sprinting have caused her some hip problems. She collapsed after her race today, and is in a tremendous amount of pain. She's headin' out to see a specialist, so pray that all goes well. She's pretty devastated that she may not be able to compete in the State Track Meet next week, but we all need her to take care of herself.

I hope you are all well. I can hear the birds chirping outside and the smell of spring is filling the air. Take moments in your day to appreciate the little things like that. God's country is a beautiful one, breathe it in. :)

OKIE love.
-Allyssa

1 comment:

Lauren said...

ahhh i can't believe you're graduating! remember this time... :) you'll forever learn from it after your big move!! you're going to do great and be just fine. i know it.