Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A couple of updates...


Here I am again.

Today has been a crazy day. I didn't sleep well at all last night, just couldn't sleep, so I was not a morning person at all today. I was supposed to have a presentation for my Women in Lit & Visual Arts class. I never really fret over presentations too much anymore because I'm almost over the shy factor, and can usually blab my way through it. This project was different though because I had to showcase art...note I'm not by any means an artist and the majority of the class is...so there was definitely a stress level there. I felt physically ill, no kidding. Couldn't wait to get this thing over with. & then what happens? We run out of class time and my presentation gets pushed back until Monday. Lovely, lets do it all again. haha. Honestly though, I'm enjoying the class, and it's pushed me to try new things, which I've turned out to really like. :)



So fast forward to right after class, my Mom calls me and tells me that there's more drama with my Uncle's family. His wifes kid physically abused Darcey, punched her repeatedly, bit her...all while she was holding Raelee. Praise God that she was able to get away from her and make it to a safe area and call the Police. His wife has finally done what needed to be done forever ago, filed a judgement against her, she's now being taken to another facility for troubled kids. I hope to goodness she stays in this one for a very long time. It's so scary because had that event escalated, Raelee could have been hurt, or DHS could come in and take her away. I think the majority of you know how much that baby means to me. She's just so sweet and innocent, and I just feel for her because thus far, she hasn't known a normal lifestyle. Bless her heart. I just constantly pray that God surrounds and protects her.



Also, yesterday my sister, Courtney got a letter in the mail. They were test results from a few months ago. They found an abnormality in her heart, so she had to go back in today for more testing, and set up 3 more tests. They have her using an inhaler now for shortness of breath that she gets sometimes. Doctors are disagreeing on the diagnosis right now, but hopefully these tests will find the problem. We're just praying that it's nothing too serious.

So, to say the least, things are pretty hectic on my side of the fence right now.

However, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm just rolling with everything as it comes, and just keeping the Faith that it's all gonna be ok. :)

I guess that's about it. Just wanted to write and let everyone know what's goin on. Pray for my family, kinda hitting a rough patch.

I think it's important that we all be grateful for all of the good things in our lives. Good family and friends, and other important things in our lives, it's something that I think at times we all take for granted, but my eyes have been opened so much to the fact that not everyone is blessed with those things. I am very, very thankful to have all of you in my life. :)

Love you all!

PS: on an exciting note, I finally got the live Terri cd. My picture was HUGE. :) & my name was mentioned in the thank you section. I remember when I was younger, I said that I would love to have my name in that section...and I've always wanted to have my photography on an album! So, I'm VERY excited. :) Next goal: the cover. haha





OKIE love.
-Allyssa

1 comment:

Dayla Rowland said...

CRAZY! I will be praying...GREAT pic and congrats on a cool accomplishment.