Monday, March 29, 2010

Hey my little sunshines.

Well goodness, hello my little sunshines! :)

I just got back from my final meeting for my Senior Capstone. I thought I was done, but not quite. I'm pleased with the way things have worked out though. I think that for an amateur...well everything, the little pieces of the puzzle all came together nicely for a great Public Relations Campaign to promote the one and only little Hailey Faith. :)

Nashville was a great time as usual. It seems odd to say that that was my last vacation to the city. So, insane. The next time I make that 10 hour trek, my destination won't simply be Nashville, it will be HOME. (granted Okie will always be my home, haha. :) ). It's so exciting, I just can't take it.

I often think about what my life would be like had I moved to Nashville years ago, right out of H.S. No matter how often my heart ached to be there, I will never regret spending the past 5 years of my life going to "Harvard on the Hill." I think about all the things I've experienced by waiting, countless more Wednesday and Sunday Suppers at Nan and Pops, being around for beautiful Raelee Mae's first year, finding a great guy, and just witnessing so many amazing things. I've grown so much in these past 5 years and now I can honestly say that I'm READY. :) I think the Man upstairs knows what he's doin, yeah?

I've encountered some interesting struggles lately. I think I've learned that relationships, no matter who they are with, are complicated, especially when you have a desire to please everyone. I've been told many times, by many different people, that my biggest fault is trying to be everything for everyone. The fact of the matter is, it's impossible. I've learned a lot about people lately. Actions always speak louder than words, let downs are part of life, you can't trust everyone. The thing of it is, we all have these big expectations about everything, and that's where the biggest let downs arise. I'm trying so hard to live moment by moment now, living for the pure excitement of not knowing, not expecting anything from anyone. It's really much happier that way. :)

Anyway...

One last thing, the Dixie Chicks are goin on tourrr. I'm insanely happy about this, to the point of annoying others about it, haha. But hey, my life just would never be complete without seeing Natalie Maines. :)

OKIE love.
-Lyssa

1 comment:

schiraldie said...

Keep those expectations high girl! Let downs only make you stronger.. having faith in yourself and people around you is rare and an awesome thing. You deserve the best- keep goin' after it! :)