Thursday, July 8, 2010

Catchin up.

Wow. I remember a few months ago, when I was thinking about moving and I told myself I was going to blog so often. Even thoughts of starting a new "nashville" blog to capture all of the memories I'm making here, crossed my mind. Yet, here it is, over a month into the move, and having already went back home once, and my fingers are just finding the keyboard.

It's hard to describe all of the emotions that I've been going through in the past month. That's a big part of the reason why this is my first blog. I thought about writing a lot, but then I realized that the only thing that was going to come out was a big ole ball a' mess. Since I can remember, I can recall hearing the expression "life is like a roller coaster ride". I thought I'd lived it...but it wasn't until I moved here that I realized that I hadn't even got close to understanding the meaning behind the metaphor. There are so many moments of intensity, both happy and sad. There are moments where I feel so much guilt for leaving all of the people back in Oklahoma who care so much about me. Leaving my family and friends and Ryan and Seeing tears in Nans eyes and hearing Raelee say "bye Ree Ree" over and over because she knows I'm gonna be gone awhile, just breaks my heart. At the same time, I get here and I'm surrounded by so many good friends and music and purpose and I feel like there is a reason for me being here.

I could go on and on trying to remember and recount all of the things that I've done and been a part of since I've been here, but that would just be silly. All I know is my heart is happy in Okie and here. I have absolute, 100% faith that I am exactly where I'm supposed to be. I may only stay here for this one year until my lease is up, or I might be called to stay here much longer. I'm working on living in the moment, knowing that any moment could be my last moment.

I've seen it in myself and I've witnessed it in so many of my friends and family. Life throws us some crazy curves. Sometimes you're up on cloud 9 and the next minute you're at the bottom again. You just have to roll with the punches.

Love you all.

OKIE love.
--Lyssa

No comments: