Monday, July 26, 2010

A girl can dream...

I miss home, lots lately. Not like that's unexpected. I think the fact that I've slowed down quite a bit the past week from my typical hectic schedule.

I talked to Raelee on the phone today, just hearing her melts my heart. I hate that she's growing p so fast and I'm missing that. I just don't want her to forget about me. I have high hopes of going home the last weekend of Sept. for our small town carnival, but I doubt that will happen with me having just started a job. :( No telling how long it'll be until I can make it back.

I'm happy here, don't get me wrong. I have a good group of people and I like having a little more of a social life here, but there are still days when I think to myself "why am I here?" I'm letting time take it's course, but at this exact moment, I'm not sure if I'll stay or hop the train right back home just as soon as my lease is up.

For now though, I'm doing my best to treat everyday as a day to grow. I'm doing a lot of reading and writing, as well as working out and staying busy. If nothing else I need to experience something while I'm here. :)

Anyway, back to writing my book. I wrote 3000 words tonight, which having just come off of a major writers block, is a major accomplishment. I'm really excited for my friend to read this...and maybe one day, some of you will read it too. A girl can dream, right?

love ya'll.
~Lyssa

No comments: