For starters, I must say that Raelee Mae is just a gem. A beautiful gift from God for sure! She is so tiny, but completely healthy! Seeing my uncle Jim with her is amazing, and I love hearing him refer to himself as Daddy! I got her her first Nashville shirt already that says "I'm With the Band"! Love it.
That makes for a perfect Segway to my Nashville trip. =) I had an amazing, amazing time. My first Ryman experience couldn't have been better. The sound that you get in that place is like no other, and knowing all of the legends that have played there...my gosh, indescribable. Just wow. Terri, Anita and Jenee' sounded beautiful together, love me some acoustic music!
It was also great to catch up with friends, and go out and have a little fun. It's true, to quote Miranda: "in this city I've got angels all around me...". I feel more than blessed to have found real, genuine, amazing people, because there for awhile, i wondered if they existed.
I love Nashville, and it's been my dream to live there for 6 years now. I have grown so attached , but what really scares me is that I think I've grown attached to the people more than anything. I try to convince myself that it's the city too. I mean, I love it...I love to go visit, I love waking up and seeing that skyline, I love hitting broadway. I don't know, but I want to go into the music industry, and what that is turning into in Nashville...ashames me. I don't want to be the person getting this bubblegum crap played. I don't want to have anything to do with the c.r.a.p that fills the airwaves, i'm sorry...i just don't. Where is the real stuff? Ya know, I sit at home and pull out my johnny cash and loretta lynn records, i listen to willie...patsy, dolly...where did that go? Mind you I know that no one ever fills those shoes, but give me more wade bowen's, kacey musgraves, miranda lamberts...um hailey faiths in the world. That's the kind of music i want to be a part of...music coming from people who give a damn about what they're saying...who don't think about commercialism when they write. Tell me where I can find that, darnit.
I don't even want to think about the fact that a 6 year old dream is dwindling...my heart is changing...when i'm SO close. Someoneeeee talk me through this, lol.
my heart is aching to be real....
Ok, that's it for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment