I've literally been trying to get in my blogspot for a few days & my stinky computer hasn't let me. Now, here I am...but the inspiration for writing I had then has passed, so I'll just do what I'm best at...ramble. :)
I guess for starters I'll give my re-cap of Nashville. It was fun...fast and fun. I didn't do a whole lot of anything. We got into town around 2:30 on Thursday and were just tuckered from sleeping only 2 hours the night before, and then driving the 10 to get there. So...I napped and chilled for a few hours. Then we went to a show @ Douglas Corner. The Broussards were playing, but I went to see Dylan Taylor open...check her out, she is soooo good! She's a new favorite. She plays with such a passion, and that's what I love to see. Friday we went 'window shopping'...Amy needed new boots, but no such luck. Then Hoz, Amy, Jess, me & Emily caught up with Nick and his brother for his birthday dinner @ Las Palmas...yummy margaritas. :) Then we went to Losers and got "whipped by the Yankee" @ pool, ha. Then we just spent the night minglin around until I literally zonked. Saturday we watched the OU/TX game, I don't wanna talk about it, lets just say I realized why I don't love watchin' football all the time...man I do get me a temper and a mouth like a sailor. After an OU loss :( we helped Emmers paint...then went to dinner...then hit Longhorn for dessert so we could see little worker bee Hailey since we hadn't spent much time with her. Thennn we met up with Emily M for coffee and laughs. :) Then rounded off the trip by headin' to Play for Nick's birthday party. I had SO MUCH FUN. I love me some drag shows, seriously. We danced like crazy, took fun pics and just enjoyed getting to hang out with friends. Caught up with Blakey too...he's too funny, love him. Rolled out about 5 in the am. Annnnnnd that's the day by day, quick capture recap. Homesick already.
Since I've been back in Okie, I've been sick. It was cold when I left here, then it was even colder in Nash, then I get back here and its like 70...my body was like..NO. ha. Soo, I'm tired and sick...and sad that I'm not in Nashville...not a good mix.
My mom asked me and Holly yesterday what we were gonna take with us when we leave. She told us we needed to start deciding. It's so funny cause before she carried on about how silly we are to go, and now she's like...start packing. I think my little sisters have a countdown til I leave...one of them gets my room. I'm so loved, haha.
I need to take some NyQuil...though it knocks me out for about 12 hours...and I have to be up in about 9? meh...I can't be sick, so I guess droggy is better than sick, haha.
I went for a run today, and sat outside playing my guitar and watching the leaves blow in the wind...did some thinking and writing. I needed that.
Got lots to get done this week...then I have my one more trip of the year...TEXAS. I do hope to find me a Texas boy. :)
The thing I've realized more than anything about myself lately is that I'll never be satisfied. I think that's normal though.
OKIE love.
-aLLyssa-
No comments:
Post a Comment