Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter, concerts, class...

Well first off, I hope everyone had a great Easter! :) I had a great church service this morning, and then spent the whole day with tons of my family! Had a great time visiting and spendin' time with the little ones.

It's been a really long, exhausting week, but such a good one!

Thursday night I went to St. Joseph, MO to see Blake Shelton. Holly begged me to go because Kevin plays for him now, and honestly I wasn't thrilled about driving 4 1/2 hrs on a Thursday night, and having to make a round trip, due to a 10 a.m. class. Buut, she scored us free tickets, so I couldn't pass it up! We had a really great time. We got there around 2:30 and got to watch a 2 hr. sound check, and then went to dinner and came back for the show. Blake put on an awesome show...and Miranda showed up to sing "Home" and a few others with him! I was sooooo excited, haha! I've always wanted to see them sing together, they are so in love and it's the most precious thing to witness. :) After the show we hung out with everyone til about midnight, then headed home. It was tough driving all night, but we finally made it back home around 5. But..WORTH IT. I tell ya, I'm just in love with being on the go.



Then on Friday night I went and saw Jamey Johnson. Good grief...that man has a haunting voice! Truly amazing. He's like a modern day outlaw, for real. Good stuff.

What else...

Oh yes, got a super sweet gift from my favorite nashville girls. Cuute little collection/video showcasing all of our cRaZy fun times together. Seriously, best thing ever! I have the best friendssss! :)

I have 4 hectic weeks of classes left, and am just trying to keep my head above water at this point.



Also, please say a prayer for my boss. Her health has been going down hill here lately, and she fell this weekend and is having a really hard time. It's so hard to watch someone go through so much all at once, so please keep her in your prayers!

OKIE love.
-Lyssa

No comments: