Man, it is such a hard transition from summer days back to the school schedule.
I spent most of tonight working on homework, and reading. I'm trying to stay on top of things...then again, I always do. ha. Seriously going to give it my best effort this semester though. I really hope to get ahead and not be such a procrastinator. I need to avoid stress if at all possible. :)
Classes are intersesting for the most part this time around. I have 2 pretty basic classes, Organizational Communication and Mass Media Communication, which are pretty much every other comm class i've taken, ha. But then I'm taking Video Production and Women in Literary and Visual Arts. It's an intimidating schedule. It's funny because I've been saying how I want to be more well rounded and dip my hands into new things and really broaden my horizon. Well here it is...shooting, producing and editing videos, and creating works of literature and visual aids (p.s. i'm not artistic in the slightest fashion). I feel like it's God saying alright, you asked for it...now shake your fears, buck up, and lets do this thing. LEARN. Dive in. Yes, I'm scared, but in an excited kinda way. It'll be good for me. :)
I'm currently trying to find a job, which is HARD. Living 30 minutes from a town that actually has a selection is pretty stinky. I'm figuring if nothing else, I'll just jump back on board with medcorp and do some cleaning again. Just need to get a little cash flow going and start the saving. How crazy is it that in 7 months I'm gonna be house hunting, in TN!
I'm really excited about church this Sunday. I'm becoming an official member. I've been attending this church for about a year and a half, as a visitor, so it's going to be great to actually be 'inducted' as an official member! It'll be the first church I've done that with, so I'm happy about that. :) I think I'm going to start attending Sunday School/Bible Study atleast a couple of times a month, after church too, so I think that'll be good.
Just trying to stay focused...but we all know me, I'm a sucker for distraction. haha.
I guess that pretty well covers what's going on on my end. I've been on a search for some good music that's new to my ears, and have stumbled upon (many thanks to my music guru friends) some amazing, amazing stuff, so I guess I'll share a list of my current favorites as I wrap this thing up. :)
The "give it a listen if you haven't already" List. :)
Beautiful Day -& Feelin Good - Charlie Robison
Sunny in Dallas - Tumbledown
Sooner or Later - Michelle Branch
Come As You Are - Watermark
That Kind of Happy - Emily West
Need You Now - Lady Antebellum
It is Good - The Midtown Project
Life Light Up - Christy Nockels
Wayside/Back In Time - Gillian Welch
Laugh So You Don't Cry - Andy Davis
Fallin' - Hailey Faith
those are just a few, i literally have 30 songs right now that just speak volumes to me. :)
Anyway...I need to do a little bit of studying for a little quiz I have tomorrow.
So, I'm outta here.
OKIE love.
-Lyssa
1 comment:
oh my gosh such good Christy/Watermark choices!! You need to get "Mended" if you haven't yet! Love :)
Post a Comment