Sunday, August 30, 2009

Updates from a greaat weekend. :)

It's a beautiful Sunday here in Oklahoma. The sun is shining, but it's not terribly hot. Fall weather is sneaking up on me, and I love it. I was supposed to go to Tulsa today and go to this little hamburger joint called Hank's, but my friend ended up not being able to make it into town. So, I'll have to hit that up later. I can't remember if I've blogged about this, I feel I have, but it's a little place that Waylon Jennings and Jessi Colter used to frequent when in Okie. So, should be cool. :)

I've had a pretty fabulous weekend. Friday night I went to this little show, this casino puts it on once a month and calls it "Nashville Nights". It's an acoustic, writers round type scene. Brian McComas, Aaron Benward and Danielle Peck played it, all really great singer/songwriters, and sweet, sweet people! :)

Then last night, I went to yet another casino to see Lee Ann Womack. Steel Magnolia, who won CMT CAN YOU DUET this year opened for her, and were surprisingly pretty awesome. They have a great Indie/Jazz mixture type set. Pretty cool. LAW was amazing of course. She's just a doll. She sang most of radio hits, and 3 or 4 songs from the new album, plus 3 or 4 covers. She's so country, and isn't afraid to point out that that's the way COUNTRY music should be. :) She'd say things like "i wanted to cut this as my first single, the label said it was too country." or "well this one didn't go #1 either, too much fiddle." haha. Tell em about it, girl! Really, she has such a sweet personality, and a wonderful persona, she's just classy. I loved her before this show...but came out loving her even more. :)




So, yay for a good weekend.

I'm heading to Nan and Pop's right now. Gonna take baby Rae Mae over to play, and spend the day visiting and playing guitar. It's a good day.

Thennn...have to come home tonight and work on more homework. Boooo. Is it fall break yet?! ;)

OKIE love
-Lyssa

No comments: