Well, I survived the 1st day back to classes. My m/w/f schedule shouldn't be too bad at all, I think the classes will actually be at least slightly interesting too, so that's always good. =)
After work today, I talked to the lady I work for for an hour or so. She's a very wise woman, who has done a lot of living, and had so many experiences. I really enjoy talking to her because of that. We talked about everything from politics and the world today, to faith and the power of God in our lives. It's just so good to be able to sit and talk to people, who truly listen and take in what you say. She said one thing today that really caught me, and that is that God doesn't work in days, or weeks, or months, he works in moments. I really liked that!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday, my pastor and his wife gave me this book: Bedside Blessings. It just has a little note to read every night before you go to bed. I read up to today, and I just wanted to read on, I just love it! So I'm going to share a few! =)
"Mark it down, things do not "just happen". Ours is not a random, whistle-in-the-dark universe. There is a God-arranged plan for this world of ours, which includes a specific plan for you. And through every ordinary day and every extraordinary moment, there is a God who constantly seeks you. The God who loves us and redeemed us...is there, and He is not silent."
"Serendipity occurs when something beautiful breaks into the monotonous and the mundane. A serendipitous life is marked by "surprisability" and spontaneity. When we lose our capacity for either, we settle into life's ruts. We expect little and we're seldom disappointed....He delights in surprisng us. He dots our pilgrimage from earth to Heaven with amazing serendipities."
"When will we ever learn that there are no hopeless situations, only people who have grown hopeless about them? What appears as an unsolvable problem to us is actually a rather exhilarating challenge. People who inspire others are those who see invisible bridges at the end of dead-end streets."
I could seriously blog every one of the quotes in here, I love them! You should pick up this little book! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment