Sunday, January 18, 2009

Small towns and big dreams...

So after a hectic, crazy, no fun week, I was really looking forward to a big weekend. Unfortantely, that didn't so much happen.

There's this song by Paul Brandt "Small Towns and Big Dreams"...I love it so much, here's a little bit of it:

Been around the world don't matter anywhere I go
Small town stars to city lights
I find my kind of folks
It's about you and who you are

It's all a state of mind
And as I'm giving you my heart
I hope you find

That's where I come from
That's who I am
Hard workin' and God Blessed

Yes sir thank-you ma'am
The best things around that I have ever seen
Just look around you'll see what I mean
The best things around that I have ever seen
Came from small towns and big dreams
That's where I come from
Small towns
That's who I am
And big dreams
That's where I come from
Small towns
That's who I am
And big Dreams

I do come from this tiny, one stoplight town, it's not the most exciting place to live by any means, and to actually do somethin' on a Friday night you have to drive 30 miles in either direction...it is not a Nashville kind of town, where the city never sleeps. No, lights go out about 10pm, and that's when everyone just kinda settles in. I have big dreams of moving out of this place, but I don't diss my town, and I will always be proud to say that this is where I come from. Small town life isn't that terrible, sure it gets old, but it has above everything else, given me a tight bond with my family and kept me humble. There are times when I get ahead of myself, and get sick of this routine, and I just wish I were already in Nashville, and most days I do. However, I will never regret staying here and finishing school. I have a plan, and staying here for my 4 1/2 years of school is saving me about $15,000. It's also giving me time to grow, and learn about who I really am, and who I want to be.

I've always been kind of reluctant about my friends from other places coming to visit me, because my town doesn't have a lot to offer, and i've learned that some people just won't get it. I still can't wait to show some around my town though, because no matter where I go, where the path takes me, these are my roots, this is where I come from. =)

I think I'm going to take the next few weekends easy...I'm kind of partied out, haha. Is is spring break yet?!

No comments: